Alfred Hitchcock’s famous movie posters as gifs
A woman from the audience asks: ‘Why were there so few women among the Beat writers?’ and [Gregory] Corso, suddenly utterly serious, leans forward and says: “There were women, they were there, I knew them, their families put them in institutions, they were given electric shock. In the ’50s if you were male you could be a rebel, but if you were female your families had you locked up.
Marilyn Monroe at home.
Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison, 1968
Could be us
Top 10 Open Air Bathrooms
Our picks for the most amazing open air bathrooms ever created in hotels and resorts across the world.
1. Rain shower and outdoor bathtub at Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa
2. Open air bathroom with wooden viewing deck and hanging chair at River Lodge
3. Glass sunken bathtub at Six Senses Laamu
4. Oversized bathroom with a generous rain shower and copper tub at Bambu Indah
5. Open air garden bathroom with private plunge pool at Dusit Thani Maldives
6. Bathroom with outdoor bath at Palais Namaskar
7. Complete bathroom with outdoor garden shower and private walk-in closet at Rosewood Mayakoba
8. Garden bathroom with indoor/outdoor shower and freestanding bath at Kandolhu Island
9. Spacious bathroom with big bath and private plunge pool at Desroches Island
10. Open air bathroom with circular bath and sun deck at Velaa Private Island
Danae Mines became one of the few female firefighters in the New York City Fire Department (FDNY) 11 years ago, despite her family telling her that only men joined the department. This year, she broke down another barrier by becoming the first woman to be featured in the FDNY’s 2015 Calendar of Heroes. She had been told that the honor was reserved for men, but when she saw the open call for firefighters, she went, despite feeling a little intimidated standing in line with more than 100 men.
There are currently only 41 women in the department, but perhaps the attention Danae is getting will increase that number. “I wanted my picture in the calendar so that young girls and young women can see me and know that they can do this job,” she told the New York Daily News.
New Orleans Charity Hospital autopsy theater at the morgue. (Sorry for the shitty quality, the photo was taken in the basement with no light except from a flashlight) This area of the hospital flooded heavily during Katrina.